Canisius College, Buffalo, New York
- 10. Completing the FAFSA as a married student but sending it in
before your marriage date.
- 9. Completing the FAFSA as a married student but forgetting to
combine your spouse’s taxable income with your own.
- 8. Forgetting to carefully complete worksheets A, B and C and
reporting the results on the appropriate line of the FAFSA.
- 7. Forgetting to report earned income credit using worksheet A.
- 6. Reporting income tax withheld instead of income tax paid.
- 5. Leaving questions blank. Remember to fill in all questions
unless instructed otherwise.
- 4. Mailing in FAFSA without proper signatures from student and
parents if applicable.
- 3. Failure to list names and Title IV codes of colleges you are
- 2. Using a W-2 statement instead of the 1040 to do the FAFSA.
- 1. Not Reading the Instructions